Education is a highly complex endeavour. To create an E-Change requires a systemic and systematic rethink, and re-actioning of education. This is my attempt to begin that process. We need:
- An understanding of the purpose of schools and multiple learning environments.
- A sophisticated, systemic awareness of the world around us and how to live in harmony with it to provide a CONTEXT for teaching.
- A multi-platform of environment, technology and wellness driving education into the future to provide the PROCESS by which we facilitate learning.
- An understanding of how deep CONTENT knowledge is immersed in a systems approach to healthy progress.
- A systemic and integral approach to improving student and teacher learning
- An understanding of minimal exit outcomes and standards for all students, and measuring what matters.
- An understanding of how human behaviour is created and how it can be changed.
- An individualised, developmental approach to learning for students, parents, teachers, principals and administrators.
- An understanding of the broad range of research bases which are impacting education and how to translate these into learning environments and teaching practice.
- An understanding of the pragmatic aspects of developmental learning for students and adults, and the requirements and impacts of learning environments
- An understanding of Curriculum, how it is constructed, how it is mapped, to achieve alignment with learning environments, pedagogy, and assessment
- An understanding of accountability, teacher evaluation, student improvement and the linkages between these.
- To understand the responsibilities of being a professional operating within a professional community.
- To create multiple entry pathways to the profession
- To develop a ‘both, and’ approach rather than ‘either/or’ when discussing strategies.
- An understanding of roles and responsibilities and how to actively educate each group of ‘stakeholders’.